Just a few weeks ago US Vice President Joe Biden visited my lovely country as is customary between "friendly" nations. It wasn't long before things turned nasty and dear old Joe was all afluster by some perceived insult.
He took umbrage at a statement by the planning department of the Municipality of Jerusalem that declared its intentions to build 1600 housing units in one of our capital city's northern suburbs. This declaration is just a continuance of a project that has been in the planning stage for a number of years and will be in the planning stage for several more before actual building commences.
.So, lets take a look at this "insult" that so tilted Joey's nose that even Hilary got on the band wagon. The illustrious US Secretary of State said:
“it was not only an insult to Biden, but an insult to the United States.”
well, la di dah.
I would like to remind Hilary Clinton that just two and a half short years ago she wrote:
"believes that Israel’s right to exist in safety as a Jewish state, with defensible borders and an undivided Jerusalem as its capital, secure from violence and terrorism, must never be questioned.”
Yeh, right, so who is insulting whom?
Joe Biden, another two-faced political whore has not once, not twice but three times endorsed the City of Jerusalem as the undivided Capital of the State of Israel:
in 1990 as a senator he co-sponsored Senate Concurrent Resolution 106:
Whereas ambiguous statements by the Government of the United States concerning the right of Jews to live in all parts of Jerusalem raise concerns in Israel that Jerusalem might one day be re-divided and access to religious sites in Jerusalem denied to Israeli citizens; and
Whereas such concerns inhibit and complicate the search for a lasting peace in the region: Now, therefore, be it
Resolved by the Senate (the House of Representatives concurring), That the Congress–
(1) acknowledges that Jerusalem is and should remain the capital of the State of Israel;
(2) strongly believes that Jerusalem must remain an undivided city in which the rights of every ethnic religious group are protected; and
(3) calls upon all parties involved in the search for peace to maintain their strong efforts to bring about negotiations between Israel and Palestinian representatives.
In 1992 he co-sponsored Senate Consecutive Resolution 113:
Now, therefore, be it Resolved by the Senate (the House of Representatives concurring), That the Congress–
(1) congratulates the residents of Jerusalem and the people of Israel on the twenty-fifth anniversary of the reunification of that historic city;
(2) strongly believes that Jerusalem must remain an undivided city in which the rights of every ethnic and religious group are protected as they have been by Israel during the past twenty-five years; and(3) calls upon the President and the Secretary of State to issue an unequivocal statement in support of these principle
To add insult to injury Joe Biden even co-sponsored the Jerusalem Embassy Act which states:
(a) STATEMENT OF THE POLICY OF THE UNITED STATES-
(1) Jerusalem should remain an undivided city in which the rights of every ethnic and religious group are protected;
(2) Jerusalem should be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel;So, Mr. Vice President, what's got your knickers in a knot? You are, or were, a supporter of Jerusalem as an undivided city and Capital of the State of Israel and now you are "insulted".
Who is insulting whom?
It is clear beyond a shadow of a doubt that the US Administration has gone over, completely, to the Arab camp and has thrown its only friend in the Middle East to the dogs.
The United States has been degraded to a State that can no longer be relied upon to stand by its commitments and promises and has become, under the current Administration, a dishonest entity.
If I was an American citizen I would be up in arms against the foreign policy of the Obama Administration that has started apologizing for the fact that it helped rescue (with great honor) Europe and the Far East from destruction just over 60 years ago, up in arms against the Administrations policy of alienating its friends for so called "allies" in the Arab world.
It is time Americans woke up before it becomes too late.